- Played 36 with this new ball and just love the feel and action around the green. Got the ball at a PGA Superetore event.
- Great ball given to me by pro at local golf shop to try. Hit long and straight
- great feel all around
- 65 yr. old guy (old guys rule) with a 4 handicap.
love the yellow color, distance is great off the tee and the spinskin is great for stopping the ball. it’s my ball from now on. thnx
- I have been playing golf for 20 years and I am a 3 handicap. I have tried every ball out there over the years. I have been using Titleist ProV1 balls for the past 5 years and was happy with the performance of the ball but very unhappy with the durabillity of the cover. Every three holes I would have to use a new ball. I tried the Srixon Z-Star for a few rounds and couldn’t believe how great the ball suited my play. It did exactly what I wanted and more. The feel and control around the greens was exceptional and it didn’t lack in the distance dept whatsoever. Ontop of exceptional performance, the durability is like no other ball I have played. I feel like I can play 6 rounds without changing out my ball. A++ to the Srixon Z-Star. My new ball!!!
- Love Srixon, looking forward to testing more product
- The ball performed very well. Spin was controlled and distance was long and controlled.
- just tried new zstar…can not believe the penetrating
ball flight….wind not a factor…excellent distance on
driver with my swing speed of 94mph…putts great
with superior feel…nice around the green..its a winner!!!
- Great feel around the greens, highly durable ball. Like it very much.
- I love it. It has good distance and terrific spin on iron shots.
- I tested the Z Star and Z Star XV
I hit the Z Star over 300 yards 3 times .
I will be moving from Pro V1 and TM Lethal to this KB ball. I hope it comes in white also…
BTW I’m a 1.4 handicap.
- Not being a known long ball hitter I didn’t know what to expect from this new Srixon, but was happily surprised by the excellent feel and solid directional performance. The spin rate was, at times, a trifle embarrassing when to my chagrin the ball actually spun back off the green. Have since learned to dial back just a bit with my most lofted clubs. Recommend this to every player, especially week-end warriors.
- Didn’t know what to expect, but long off the tee and good spin on the green. Very pleased!
- I played two sample Z-Star XV’s and while I liked them – solid distance, settled on the greens…it was abit too hard for me, compared to the Z-Star. I felt the same way about the Q-Star. I also liked the trajectory…felt I could keep it low but also tee it up and send it higher, when I wanted too. Also felt I could draw and fade it slightly, although that is not my strong suite. If I were King of Srixon…I’d change the font and make it a tad bit smaller. I played the white but do like the yellow color and may end the year playing yellow to distinguish from white canadian geese feathers and leaves…different strokes for different folks, however, so I’d recommend you give them all a try and find what works best for you! ;^)
- This is a fantastic golf ball. Off the tee it does not spin a whole lot. Around the greens it felt fantastic, spin was very good and this ball has had a better alignment line on it. Srixon has done a very good job on this golf ball it is top notch.
- Excellent golf ball! I liked the previous Z Star but this one is even better. I feel this new ball checks up better on chips and has the one hop and stop on wedges which I prefer.
Distance wise with the driver this ball was very long. Great feel off the putter face as well!
As for durability, I played 1 ball for 18 holes and it is still in good shape. I highly recommend this ball for good ball strikers and feel players!
- I tried the new ball last Saturday.I like the high trajectory I got with it off the tee box. It has a soft feel and feels great of the Irons. A little less spin than I expected, but, other than that a great new ball.
- Been playing srixon for awhile. Great ball and price!
- Handled well around greens. What I liked best was the feel off my irons; soft, yet distance was legit. Too bad my accuracy was off since the ball lasted only 8 holes as it found sailing into a wayward creek!
- Received a single new version of the Z-star ball to try when I purchased a dozen of the older Z-star Great distance, Stayed on line of flight. I am a fan of the new remodeled ball. I will be getting a dozen when they are released.
- Excellent ball. Great spin and distance for my slower swing speed. My scores are lower and my confidence is higher, a great combination!
- I preferred the pearlescent yellow color of the prior version of the ball, but the feel, durability and spin have all been retained. The new ball is perhaps a little more stable in the wind. Holds a strong line, very responsive
- Great control around the green
- Heavy, sluggish ball.
Rolled well on greens
- I have never used a Srixon ball before. I got a free trial at the PGA Tour Superstar when buying a dozen of Callaways Chrome + ball. I used your ball during my round today for all 18 holes and I am very impressed with the results. Good distance, very durable and good response off the putter. My 1 complaint is that it does not spin as much as my normal ball (Callaway HX Black), on the plus side is that the cover is much more durable and does not shred with full wedge shots.
- The Z-Star felt good off the tee. It popped off the face of the driver. Also has an extra soft feel with the wedges. I really like this ball. They are not cheap so if you don’t loose many……. ITS A GREAT BALL
- I honestly cannot give an accurate rating. I lost my free sample on the 3rd hole of play. However, I play Srixon Soft Feel & love them. The new star (although a short trial) appeared to give me the same great play I experience with the Soft Feel.
- I played one round with it and loved it, performed well off the tee and around the greens. I would consider switching balls.
- Nice new technology, this ball added in ~15 yards of my distance, it has better performance than Tiltleilst Pro-V1. The skin is harder than Pro-V1. The only thing I have problem is the spin. It spins too much compared to Pro-V1.
- I tried the ball for the first time and first opinion was it played well ,, would like to play a few rounds and see how it fully compares to my existing ball
- Have been using the regular Srixon XV for a couple months now, so i was curious what the new “spinskin” had to offer.. I tried the Z Star with spinskin out. 1 word. BITE!! From about 75 yards and in, plus around the greens, this ball absolutely outperformed the “regular skin” XV. Consistently closer to the hole, and when I would purposefully over shoot the flag, with ball back in my stance, it would take 1 hop and just dig in and come back. This ball does exactly what Srixon is advertising! “Spinskin” is a definite winner!
- plays better than pro v1. this is my new ball.
- The new SpinSkin creates as much, if not more bite than the previous generation Z-Star, but had more durability than before. The ball is great around greens, checks up better on long irons into the greens, and generates backspin better with my short irons. I don’t often play tour balls (limited budget, teacher’s salary) but if the SpinSkin is applied to the the entire Srixon range of balls, then this is a breakthrough for a wide array of players.
- I have to admit that I was not expecting much from the golf ball, however the ball is excellent. Gave me the distance I needed. The ball was excellent around the greens. I was going to buy the car tire golf ball, but I will buy some of these instead.
- I am amazed by the soft feel of these golf balls. They give you amazing feel around the greens without sacrificing any distance off the tee. I was surprised to find out that they are longer than the ProV1X. I will be switching to this ball in August!
- Can’t wait for the full release of the new z-star. I was lucky to get 2 balls to demo. Really straight off the tee and more spin then last years z-star. Will definitely be gaming these balls in August.